documenta
archiv
Index:
Organizations
göppinger galerie Frankfurt

The göppinger galerie, or gg in short, was established in 1956 in the office building of the architect Otto Apel in Frankfurt. A total of 33 exhibitions on various topics, including television and radio sets, modern home furnishings and architecture, were created on an area of 400m². The gallery served as a meeting point and place for communication for the new design elite and was known nationwide. From 1956 Arnold Bode managed the gallery and used it as an experimental stage, the results of which could be found in some of the exhibition architecture, such as in documenta 2 and 3.