documenta
archiv
Index:
Organizations
Palais Bellevue

The Palais Bellevue is located above the Karlsaue, opposite of the Neue Galerie. It was built in 1714 by the architect Paul du Ry (1640 - 1714) for Landgrave Karl (1654 - 1730) as an astronomical observatory. From 1959 to 2014 it housed the Brothers Grimm Museum. documenta 2 (1959) showed graphics and book illustrations there.