room 25

The temporary rebuilt staircase (room 25) of the Fridericianum's half rotunda was also used as an exhibition space at the first documenta. The three paintings by Bauhaus master Oskar Schlemmer were placed directly above the fascia on the vertically structured vault of the wall on the upper floor. Another characteristic feature of the ruinous shape of the Fridericianum in 1955 is the lack of the ceiling architecture, which was destroyed in the Second World War. A stretched canvas protected the artworks from environmental influences and provided good lighting conditions.